Monday 1 June 2009

Heartbroken

I spent all Saturday reformatting my laptop to try to fix this problem I have been having with the screen. I have been having issues with the screen since I got it in November, and the manufacturer (Acer) said that reformatting was pretty much my final hope before sending it in to be repaired. It took a long long time to do and I had to pull all my files onto our subleter's external hard drive to back them up. I then put them back on afterwards, as well as, started to load back on the programs I needed, mainly Microsoft Office. Yesterday, Steph helped me with a bunch of Photoshop stuff, which was complicated and way over my head. Things looked good. Everything was working smoothly, I kept getting a strange error message every time I turned it on but I could live with that. Then late last night, right as I was deciding it was probably time to go to bed, the screen dyed. Proving - that the reformat didn't work and now I need to send it in to them for sure. I'm so heartbroken at this. I have put so much time into trying to fix this, my friends have worked on it to help me through it, and it is pretty much brand new. This company does not have a good reputation in general, and even worse for its repair centres. I am not looking forward to this last last last ditch effort to get my laptop working properly.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sad!! Stupid Acer... Do you want me to bring the laptop tonight? Call me!

Anonymous said...

I have no sympathy...you should have listened to me when I told you to buy a Mac in the first place. There's a reason Acer is so cheap...

:) Teri

Anonymous said...

I have sympathy! Whether its cheap or not a company should have some basic accountability for the products that it sells that the customer has the right to expect to work. Chris, your lucky you have such great friends to help you with this and lend you something to use while it is away.
Mum