Sunday 15 March 2009

Montreal Weekend

I spent this past weekend in Montreal. Jerrica and I went Thursday and were joined by Erin on Friday. It was a great trip
-Hung out with Yen, it is nice to still have a friendship with him even though he has moved away from Ottawa
-The apple juice at breakfast tasted strange, almost like cider
-I was chased by a big bird in the Rainforest section of The Biodome
-Montreal's bus station has way better security than Ottawa's
-There was a bathtub in the hotel room, used it four times in three days
-Jer and I wrote a list of which channels were English on the TV, manly watched the one that played movies most of which were from the '80s
-Slept on the bus ride there, drooled
-Jer got pretty drunk on Thursday night, I got very drunk on Saturday night
-The kitchen in our hotel room only had two forks, was missing a can opener, ended up being really hard to find one that worked
-Jon Lajoie is awesome live, if you haven't heard of him look the name up on YouTube, great stuff
-Jerrica's first try at snowboarding went way better than mine
-Montreal has some crazies and they liked to talk to us
-The hotel made us give them a $100 deposit
-Jer and Erin cooked two awesome dinners and I did the dishes
-We could have watched the penguins at The Biodome forever, we even made up soap opera stories about them
-Jerrica's snowboarding instructor was pretty hot
-Got to see some of Erin's India photo's
-Walked most places, only used the subway on the Saturday
-We couldn't find the Bible in our hotel room
-I did some jumping on my snowboard for the first time in a long time, got some serious inch to inch and a half air
-Didn't make it to Old Montreal
-I am still amazed at Jerrica's ability to cuddle up to hot celebrities
-The DJ at Club Tokyo would only play about 30 seconds of a song before switching it, I knew pretty much everything which was great

4 comments:

Unknown said...

-Couldn't find bathroom
-Ann had also bought a baguette.
-Monkey attacked.

Unknown said...

I love your little diary write-ups. They are factual and make for great conversational pieces later on..."so in your blog you mentioned *insert fact here* - what was that about". A hilarious story is sure to follow like monkeys biting, birds chasing/scaring or other such events. ahh good times.

Anonymous said...

Straight - to the point - just the way I like it.
Love, T

Christine Sweeton said...

Hey, my Travel Diaries and my Blog Highlights are different. There is a little more story information in the Highlights where the Diaries are oviously conological and have a lot more money information:
-"Bought baguette (2€). Ironically Anna had also bought baguette." (Paris)
-"Monkey attacked" (London) Ok that is just one awesome story, Steph and I have pictures that go with that one too.
I was talking about the bird chasing me with Steph and she reminded me that in London I was freaking out because a raven was getting really close to me, there are pictures of that too. Also my parents were saying last night that they are sad that my daries are become so much like my fathers (and his fathers as well) in that they are point form, very fact based, and somewhat money focused. I used to write really good emotion and describtion filled ones for family trips but now when I travel there just isn't time.