Wednesday 18 February 2009

Once A Year

I tend to have Kentucky Fried Chicken about once a year. I found out that Heather does too so we decided to join together and have a little Mid-Reading-Week celebration. One Variety Bucket Family Meal later and we remember why we only have it once a year. Feeling a little down? It doesn't make you feel any better emotionally, or if it does it is very short lived. Afterwards? It physically hits you like a ton of bricks and all you can do is lie in bed wallowing in post-KFC nausea. I thought that maybe Heather and I would make this an annual Reading Week tradition but she doesn't know where she will be next year and I don't know if I will be ready for The Colonel again so soon. Maybe once a year is too often.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha. I'm lying on my stomach right now because it's easier to forget the nausea that way....

Still, I think it was worth it. Maybe next time we just do sandwiches or chicken fingers.

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing!!!!The key is to not get the bucket meals... it's just to much trust me I know. I once sat down to a family meal and it was just me and a friend, we finished it and I was sick for 4 days. Now I just stick to the smaller individual box meals once a year.