Sunday 8 February 2009

Media Photography - #5

Cooking In The Kitchen
Dave and Steph
By Christine Sweeton

This week the assignment was related to stereotyping. We had to take a picture that was not a cliche and did not stereotype and then find one online that did stereotype. I am attempting to show equality in this photo of Steph and Dave and contrasted it by picking the photo on the right for my Web Photo. Oh the 1950's - this image was in Life in a profile about the man in photo who is a German artist. I'm glad I live in the 21st century where men don't just put on an apron and supervise their wives cooking. Gender roles are evolving!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aside from the assignment its a nice shot of both Steph and Dave.
Mum

Unknown said...

thanks :)

Erin said...

Gone are the days when cooking in makeup and heels is no longer the norm. Is it okay if I do it anyway?
Nice shot though, too bad we didn't see any of the class ones today.