Saturday 31 January 2009

Who Is Ruining My Life Now

Today, in the middle of an assignment, my trial edition of the new Microsoft Office expired. I knew that would happen, I had calculated it to end around the end of January. This is why I asked for it for Christmas and my parents got it for me. Since the trial version was still trucking I just tossed it on a shelf and forgot about it. Well today, at the worst possible time (I'm hungover, the assignment is late, I need to type something and send it to a friend right away, I'm tired, I'm depressed, I feel horrible as it is about school and school work) it tells me I have to enter a product key. I go and get the box, I don't know who has seen this box, but it is a retarded box. I swear I stare at it for a good 15 minutes trying to figure out how to open the damn thing. I end up having to look up step by step how-to instructions on the web, for opening the box. I had to follow photographic instructions how to cut stickers, pull tabs, work hinges, and open the box. A box that I can't figure out how to open without a Google search is a hugely pathetic failure in design. (Don't get me started on what happened after I got the box open and couldn't just enter the product key into the trail version but had to fully install my CD version.) Oh, how I hate Microsoft!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. That's an intense box.

..That's what he said.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... can't seem to get your box open and operating?
Maybe a metaphor for life?

Love, T