Wednesday 14 January 2009

Where's That Brass Monkey?

It is so cold outside. Ottawa can get insane in the winter. I thought last winter was bad but now that I think about it, it was never really that cold, just a lot of snow. My first winter here I went snowboarding in -45 weather. There was actually supposed to be a whole bunch of bus trips on the hill that night but they all cancelled except for us. Check out this forecast, it doesn't have the wind chill 'feels like' temperatures, you don't even want to know what those are! Today it is -25 but feels like -34. I don't really understand this 'feels like -34' thing. After about -15 everything feels the same; completely numb and terrible.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So cold. I was on site this morning - a construction site. Cold and the roads weren't plowed. The car was not happy - neither was I. I'm so cold.

Anonymous said...

Remember that group you went to see, the 3 girls, can't remember their groups name but they had a song called "I'm so cold". Could have been written about you Ottawa folk.
Mum

Anonymous said...

agreed about the after -15 thing. I'm at least used to Chinooks that break up the cold spells - for instance in Calgary it was +10 this weekend, nice and balmy. A winter jacket was completely unnecessary! I'm a tad worried about Edmonton, but seems they have weird temperature fluctuations that have nothing to do with anything so I might be in luck...although it's still Deadmonton so really...
I feel your pain, from my one and only Ottawa winter encounter (oh you wet colds you)
-A.