Thursday 1 January 2009

Haunting

When visiting Teri at her new apartment, we watched the film, Into The Wild. It is based on the true story about Christopher McCandless, a 24-year old American who hiked into the Alaskan wilderness to live a more basic existence but ended up starving to death. I didn't find the story very sad as I thought that the guy was very stupid, cocky, and a bit of a tool. He didn't really know enough about hunting and living off the land, also didn't take a map or compass, basically there are a lot of things about his story that make it look like a suicide. Still, the idea of his death and idealism is very haunting, disturbing, strange, and really interesting. You can read the first article published about it, which was later expanded into a book, which was made into the movie.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that movie! Kristen and I watched it a few month ago, we both cried! But it's definitely the kind of movie you find yourself thinking about later.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I totally cried too!

Teri

Anonymous said...

ahhhhh you've ruined it for me!! damn it!!! I hadn't seen it yet :(

You should go see Slumdog Millionaire if you have the chance. Very highly recommended by moi.

-A.

Anonymous said...

OMG Slumdog Millionaire is awesome!

Teri