Monday 17 November 2008

Sister Universities

I have discovered the secret to university research. -Get your books out at another university's library.- I'm always a little behind on my essays so when I go to get information on a topic everything is already taken out of the Carleton library because other people are writing on the same thing. At Ottawa U however, they probably aren't. I was able to get tons of books on my topic there today. I was also told by the very cute and bilingual check-out guy there that I can return the books to Carleton's library instead of trekking back downtown, since we are "Sister Universities." That is so handy! I also enjoy that the two universities are considered sisters and personified as female. Higher education depicted as a women, I don't know what I can read into that but I'm sure there is something to it.

No comments: