Tuesday 25 November 2008

Best Thing Ever

It is my turn to bring dessert to Girls Night tomorrow. We actually don't have any type of formal rotation, it is really just who ever calls it. Dessert is usually brownies or cookies. I decided to change it up a bit and wanted to make Rice Krispie Squares. When I was out grocery shopping yesterday I picked up supplies but I forgot to get marshmallows, which are a pretty key ingredient, so this basically means I went and picked up a box of cereal. I got marshmallows on the way home today and made a batch of squares. They are awesome. It makes a big full pan, was really fast and easy, tastes great, and was really cheap. They are also surprisingly low in calories and fat compared to other desserts. Seriously, they are the best thing ever and I want to make them all the time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum!!! I love Rice Krispy Squares!


Kristin

Anonymous said...

So do I.
Erin and I went on the Starbucks website to see the caloric content of every one of their desserts, and the marshmallow rice squares (they're swell! - thanks pleasantville) are the lowest of the low.
The banana loaf is over 400 calories!!! And I can make a far better one.
A bunch of us are going to have a Sex and the City night/Christmas Baking...too bad you're not in COWTOWN!!

-A.

Anonymous said...

I almost made rice krispy squares for work today....but I was too lazy and didn't want to leave the house once I got home...plus I didn't have a car...oh well :) I made peanut butter cookies instead...not as delicious b ut much higher in fat content :)

Erin

Anonymous said...

I hate rice crispy squares.
A.