Saturday 29 November 2008

41 Texts

Above is a list that I have compiled of the texts I need to know for my British Literature II course mid-term exam. (Click on the image to see the list more clearly.) There are FORTY ONE different poems, essays, and novels. I need to know them all well enough to be able to identify an excerpt from them and give the title, author and a page of written analysis of the passage's significance. Also, this is just one of three exams that I have in two days at the end of this coming week. Not fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phew! I hope you kept up on your reading during the semester.
Mum

Unknown said...

That's terrifying.

I always found that I could pull out certain sentence structures, overused words and styles and link them to each author (and then remember what each text was about). Then that would give me about an 80% chance of identifying. Then I would prepare a generic analysis about each work. Maybe that could work for you? I'm not sure how you are at memorizing.

Good luck, Chris!

Unknown said...

yep - I got nothing. No words of advice or anything like that as I have never had to study for anything like that past high school (which is different than university to say the least).
I do, however, have faith in you and your bullshitting abilities.