Tuesday 21 October 2008

Asking For Money

I hate asking for money. I never liked fund-raising as a kid. For the most part my parents would help out by taking it to work and getting people there to sponsor me. Now I'm too old for that, I'm also too new at my job to use my own work to raise money. The Literary Society is running a 'Recite-a-thon' next Wednesday to raise money for Pen Canada. We will be charging a small entrance fee to get into the cafe style event but also people who will be performing are supposed to raise money through pledges. Pen Canada is a charity that works towards 'freedom of expression' they have programs that work against censorship in Canada and they support writers in prison or exile in other countries. I am going to be reciting, from memory, a poem at the event so please feel free to both come and to sponsor me. Anyone want to give me money? $$$?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we'll give you money!
Can we come see you?
Love, T

Unknown said...

When is it? And where? details please.

Anonymous said...

Hm...
I severely dislike poems, it's not a personal thing, it's just not my cup of tea.
You have to really pick and choose your battles here I think, and mine are WWF, Breast Cancer, and UNICEF, sorry Chris :(

-A.