Tuesday 23 September 2008

Back At It

I used to be the treasurer of the PDHS Students Council. I did it for the last 3 years of high school and it was alot of hard work. I was also involved in a number of other teams, clubs, groups, and committees. In university I started out small in terms of my extracurricular. I did a few volunteer shifts at Leo's, a student run shop in the engineering building. Then the next year I was a leader for Frosh Week, which was a ton of work, but just really for that one week. Soon after I joined the Carleton Cheerleaders which took the most time and effort of any other single activity I had done. Practice six nights a week is pretty intense. Since the cheerleaders I haven't really been involved at Carleton. Until today! I am now officially the Treasure of the Carleton Literary Society.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!

Teri

Unknown said...

Oh that sounds really neat. I am glad you are getting involved in school. I wish I had more time when I was at Carleton to have done things like that - I also really enjoy extra-curriculars.

I hope you like your new position.

Anonymous said...

I wish I was a Treasure! ;)

Things Anne does...oh nothing.

Oh but today I took notes for a girl in class who has a physical disability that prevents her from writing very well. She has a special note-taker but this person hasn't showed up the last two times. I volunteered for her today and gave her the nice copy of the notes.
But really, I don't go out and LOOK for these things...although I should...good on you!

-A.