Tuesday 26 August 2008

My Wiki Cherry

I made my first ever Wiki edit. I was on the wiki page for 'Labour Omnia Vincit', because while I knew it was PDHS' motto, I did not really remember what it meant. (Hardwork conquers all.) While I was on that page I noticed that there was a list of schools across the world that use it as their motto and PDHS was not mentioned. Everyone says how easy it is to edit on Wikipedia and I figured I would give it a shot. Not only did I add it but also was able to link it to the schools wiki page as well. I was happy that you didn't need to create some sort of account to do this but it did say some scary stuff about editing without logging in will cause my IP address to be recorded publicly in the page's edit history. That would normally worry me to a certain extent, but I did it from my work computer so I don't really care.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

my wonderful latin skills SO knew what that meant.

Anonymous said...

well done - new skill to put on your resume.
Mum