Thursday 7 August 2008

It's A Big Boat

I have finally been able to get out on Meridian, the new sailboat. My parents just bougt it this year with my aunt and uncle. I had seen it last time I was down, but only very quickly and we didn't go out on it. This time, we took it out for a causal sail with Steph, Dave, Jer and a bunch of other people on Sunday just to cruse around and have a good time. I also raced on it last night. The top picture shows just how big the sails are, also most of the time it sailed with two, which is different for me and adds new wind dynamics that I haven't quite figured out yet (Picture by Stephanie Beach). It is much larger then I'm used to. The other two shots, give a sense of how big and beautiful it is (Pictures by Carol Sweeton). Although I'm fairly comfortable on our little Laser, and I have spent some time on both daysailers as well as other boats this size, I don't know much about how to sail it, so it really is an overwhelming boat at times. I wish I had more time here to learn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures!

Teri

Unknown said...

Sailing was so great! I loved it, thanks again to your entire family for taking us out.