Monday 14 July 2008

Office Small Talk

I love to talk but I hate meaningless office small talk. It is inevitable though; in the elevator, hallways, washroom. I sit right near the mailbox area so I actually get to overhear other people doing it. This can be annoying or amusing. Please see below a list of preferred topics:
-the weather, especially snow
-spouses or children
-the day of the week
-the commute, parking, gas prices
-travel or even just vacation days
Uhhh, I bore my self even typing about it!! I just want to stand up and scream some comment related to sex, religion, politics, money, or something else really inappropriate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

agreed. I LOATH said type of chit chat. It gets soooo repetitive.
A.

Anonymous said...

It's how we engage as human beings, safely. Sex, politics, religion etc not considered safe, friendly conversation. Wothout that meaningless chit chat people would either be silent (and afraid they are offending) or talking about unsafe topics, and actually offending.
Mum

Unknown said...

I also hate the small talk - but without it I probably would never speak to some of the people in my office...