Tuesday 8 July 2008

OC Transpo

My favorite cheer I ever learned when I was a Carleton Cheerleader was one we never got to do. It was considered a taunting cheer and would be in poor taste. In a basketball game when a player for the opposing team travels: "You travelled, you walked, you took too many steps, next time you travel take the B-U-S, OC Transpo, OC Transpo, OC Transpo." I love it. What I don't love is our bus tickets costing $1 each. Every year The City of Ottawa and OC Transpo, our bus system, raise the prices of either tickets or passes. This time the tickets have crawled up. I remember when they were around 80 cents. Now it is going to cost me $3 if I am pay cash and $2 if using tickets since it takes two for adult bus fair.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, use tickets. Still cheaper than a cab or owning a car.
Mum

Anonymous said...

YEAH. What your mom said. About the CABS.

Know what the cheapest thing of all is? Your bike!!! And at least you have one!! I'm not bitter!!

-A.

Unknown said...

Yes I know! I got bus tickets this morning as was like - &$^%! Stupid OC Transpo...

But it is still the cheapest way to travel by vehicle.

Anonymous said...

In Toronto it costs like $2.75 each way or $2.25 with tickets. At least its cheaper than Toronto

Anonymous said...

with tickets that is...