Thursday 31 July 2008

First Official All-Nighter

I have pulled all-nighters before but there were never truly real ones. When I was young, I would stay up at sleepovers all night, but always returned home in the morning to fall asleep for the rest of the day. When staying up for other assignments, especially in Engineering, I often spent all night working on an project, report, essay, or lab that was due the next day. Usually I would get a least an hour of sleep in there somewhere, or I would work all night, go to hand in the assignment, then go straight home to make up the missed night sleep. Not this time, this time it is an official one. I woke up at 7:00am yesterday and came to work. I worked all day and ran home (the little 2k run I talked about in my previous post.) Then with the help of a lot of coffee, I then spend all night working on an essay, finishing up at 6:30am this morning. I came into work early and will spend the day here before heading to a 3 hour night class this evening, where I will hand in the aforementioned essay. While I would love to go straight home after class and crawl right into bed, I must pack for my trip, which means I won't be to bed any earlier than 11pm. I did it and the essay is done but I never ever want to do it again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, I could never do it. In University when I would plan an all nighter to do school work, I would just get so exhausted I no longer cared if it was done. So I would go to sleep for a couple of hours. Then wake in a panic and finish it.
I was predictng you would spend most of the weekend at the cottage sleeping! Maybe you can sleep on the drive down.
Mum

Anonymous said...

All-nighters?

Bah, I do them all the time; those tubes cannot shake themselves....well, they can, since we have an automated vortex......but you know what I mean......

your friendly neighbourhood overworked grad studnet

Unknown said...

That certainly sounds like a rough night. Staying up all night to write an essay is definitely not fun but unfortunately something that just needs to be done every once in a while due to a busy schedule.

Have you ever tried 6 Hour Power? Their energy shots provide long-lasting energy to help you through all-nighters. The best part is that there's no energy crash afterward. They're sugar free, have zero calories, and come in 5 different flavors too. Check them out at http://www.6hrpower.com/

I think they're a great pick me up and certainly make my all-nighters more bearable. If you have any questions about them, feel free to send me an e-mail since I work with them. I'd love to hear your thoughts about the energy shot!

Franklin Keane
Brand Ambassador
Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com