Wednesday 16 July 2008

Burnt Out

Today is the day between classes. It always stretches before me as long night of productivity. I look forward to Wednesday every week as a large block of free time. Tonight I needed to finish my presentation. I don't do it until July 24th but I want to get the preparation for it out of the way so that I can work on my essay. The essay isn't due until Aug 5th but I need to hand it in early because I'm away at the cottage for the first week in August. Jeska is coming the last week in July so I want all the school stuff finished before then. It is hard to do school work when the due date is so far away. Tonight though I did nothing, and wasted away a precious night of free time. I slept and snacked and watched TV. I'm just so tired from running, class, work, and life. Now though, I'm pissed at myself because the only thing I did that was even close to productive is have a shower so I don't need to have one in the morning. My apartment is dirty, there are dirty dishes everywhere, my room is a mess, all my running clothes are dirty, my presentation isn't finish, the research for my essay hasn't even been started, I'm behind on the course readings, and I'm discouraged about work. I really hope that tomorrow is a better day but I'm not holding my breath.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about wasting your nights. Every night I get home with grand ideas of unpacking and setting things up and even cleaning the bits of the house that are not covered with boxes and each night I do nothing. I sit around either watching tv, a movie or just playing games. One of these nights I will do something. Maybe...

I hope you are able to have a productive night soon.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you just needed a rest, break, and get more motivated on the weekend. Hope so.
Love Mum
Congrats on the LofC - so well done!!