Thursday 19 June 2008

Your Inarticulate

There have been a number of presentations done in the class I'm taking this summer. This one girl did hers the other day and I was shocked at how annoying I found her. I also quickly judged her are being a little dumb, but her presentation and the information she was sharing was just as good as the others. It was the way she talked. She constantly used the following words/phrases:
-like
-umm
-such as
-you know
-kind of
-sort of
I am known for a number of these, but the sheer extent she used them was unbelievable. To see that extreme an example and feel my horrified reaction to it has inspired me to really clean up the way I talk.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're

Anonymous said...

yeah, the "your" instead of "you're" is not really working for you with this post. But agreed, it's very annoying when ppl talk like that.
A.

Unknown said...

:) I am glad you are deciding to cut out the 'likes', etc out of your language (or trying to - it is a hard thing to do for sure). But yeah, I noticed the your - you're thing too. :)

Gotta love Chris.

Anonymous said...

hahaha I was just going to comment on the "Your" instead of "You're"

Teri

Anonymous said...

word
Mum

Anonymous said...

good luck .i hope you do it so i am out of a job counting( likes ) love dad

Anonymous said...

Maybe she was nervous during her presentation..??

Kristin