Tuesday 24 June 2008

Trash and Treasure

I'm in a little break between the two summer semesters at school, which means that I don't have any readings. My nights are also empty without the three hour lectures on Tuesday and Thursday. It all starts again after the long weekend but I will enjoy the break while I have it. Part of me enjoying this break is being able to read for pleasure. For my birthday Ter gave me The Time Traveller's Wife which is an amazing book I read over the weekend. Complex, moving, emotional, interesting, riveting, and thought provoking I would suggest it to anyone. It is a great novel which is science fiction, philosophy, and romance. I am now reading Women's World Weekly which is this terrible American tabloid magazine focused on weight-loss, relationships, emotional health, and cooking. I love it because it is so cheap to buy and such a cheesy read. I can't get enough of the articles on Fourth of July crafts, berries that melt fat, and people who have experienced true miracles. I am going to have to head to the library this afternoon to pick up something a little more intellectual.

No comments: