Thursday 22 May 2008

Caving For The Lemon

I have been wanting a Lululemon zip-up hoodie for a really long time, over two years or so. I have watched a couple of friends buy them, but could never justify paying that much for essentially a sweatshirt. The cost isn't totally unjustifiable. The company is Canadian, it started in Vancouver eight years ago. They use really nice materials for the clothing and their products are very well made. It is stylish enough to wear to work, I have seen others in the office wearing them. Much thicker then my other zip-ups, the Remax style is super warm. Also whenever you buy something the bag they give it to you in is a product of itself, I'm going to use mine as a beach bag. I still know that I caved big time to get a specific style from a specific name brand. I am now the not-so-proud owner of a Black Remax Lulu Hoodie.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man I can't wait to get mine - how are you not proud of that thing?! I am thinking that if I keep this job I may get one at the end of my contract or something like that.

Anonymous said...

ahh yes...although the company is Canadian, the clothing is not completely made in Canada anymore...therefore the price should be lower due to globalization and incredibly LOW wages in developing countries.
lalala..here is an exerpt from the lululemon website:

We currently work with factories in Canada, the USA, Israel, China, Taiwan, Indonesia and India. We take great care in selecting factories to ensure that they share our commitment to quality and ethics. Global economic forces, including the elimination of worldwide manufacturing quotas under the Multi Fibre Agreement, have shifted manufacturing to more cost-attractive locations and resulted in closures of some domestic factories. It is vital for lululemon to keep a manufacturing base in Vancouver for security and speed-to-market of our core designs.

This is a huge response to your post! Sorry!!