Wednesday 12 March 2008

Read It

If this blog and my writing in general emulated any other writer it would probably be Robert Fulghum, author of All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten and an number of other books. I don't think I intentionally copy his style but I have started to reread his books and can see that I do resemble it a bit. I think he is brilliant. My mom was reading them when when I was really young and once she was done I read them too. Looking at them again I can see the writing is quite simple and very positive, edging on sappy. All of the stuff I would want to quote from him is a little too long for a blog post, but his bit on Crayon's is priceless. Start with All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten and if you like it move on to his other stuff. Get it out of the library or borrow it from me. It is a really good little book and a quick easy read.

No comments: