Wednesday 30 January 2008

Morning With The Kitty

For the last 5 days, I have been waking up between 4:30-5:30am because Binx is having a sneezing fit. They tend to last 15-20mins. I get quite worried, but she doesn't do it at any other time of the day, and seems fine besides that. Looking it up on the net it seems that it isn't that big of a deal, most likely just a little kitty cold that will go away. Binx is getting old, almost 14, which is around 75 in people years depending on how you calculate it. A cat is considered to be senior when they are 8 to 10 years of age. Cat's over 12 years of age are considered geriatric. I know she is in the twilight of her little life and that thought makes me so sad that little kitty sneezes scare me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't want to scare you, but keep an eye on her. She may have a respiratory problem. My friend Nelson's cat was doing the same thing, and it turns out that its a form of feline herpes. Gross, I know, but its easily treatable. I'm starting to worry about Loki now because he has been doing the same thing.

Kristin

Anonymous said...

Sorry to provide you with a different viewpoint but in the winter with the furnace wafting around dry air and dust she may just find she needs to sneeze it out in the morning. Hope that its nothing and give her some geriatic cat loving.
Mum

Unknown said...

poor Binx Binx. Give her lots of hugs and love and like your mom said it is probably just the winter heating or dryness - it gets humans sneezing more so it makes sense that it would bother cats too.

Anonymous said...

Socs sneezes alot when he has hairballs stuck... I think cats are adorable when they sneeze though. Humans turn it into an embarassing snotty mess, but cats are cute! Hope Binx is okay!
T