Tuesday 18 December 2007

Winning

I tend to be averagely lucky. I rarely win door prizes or other such draws, but I sometimes do. Today at our office Christmas party I won a door prize. When I went up to the table I didn't really look around at them and just picked the biggest one. A rookie mistake. It was a big basket filled with different things, and was nice enough. The main problem was that it was tea themed, and I'm just not that into tea, nor is anyone I know. I ended up passing it on to my new boss. I had wanted to get her a gift anyway and but have run out of time, money and ideas. Although I gave it to her because I thought she may like it, or parts of it, I think she felt bad because she had been kidding with me about giving it to her. I also think it may have looked tacky to pass on a gift I had just won. As usual I'm totally in the dark with the office protocol and fumble around doing my own thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE tea..but its okay.. ;)

Kristin

Anonymous said...

Chris
I think the office politics put this at a little tacky (maybe a 2 on the 0 to 10) but really depends on how you did it. You'll get the hang of it about the time your leaving the office scene.
Love Mum