Thursday 13 December 2007

Missing The 'Is'

I have always hated when people talk or write in the third person. Christine hates it very much. In many drinking games in the past, rules have been created to force people to talk in this ridiculous fashion. I always get annoyed. Christine gets very annoyed when forced to speak in the third person. On the contrary to this, I actually really like the forced third person on Facebook's personal status feature. This little tag line at the top of a persons Facebook profile forces them to use the word 'is' and to craft a sentence in third person. Christine is thinking about all different drunken times she has been forced to speak in the third person. I love this about Facebook. Most people hate it, groups were made, petitions signed and Facebook listened, removing this feature. I'm now forced into a strange retro mindset where I will attempt to continue to use the 'is' in my status, partly as a protest to the change and partly because I have always liked the challenge of creating a little blurb using that dictated intro. Christine Sweeton is...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taylor is hoping you come back to her house to play that fabulous drinking game.

Anonymous said...

hee hee..
I miss it too..

Kristin D.

Anonymous said...

hey, just out of curiosity did you happen to notice my "status" last week? i'm wondering if my status then (relevant to your comment) is only coincidental to your comment in contributory. Cause also coincidental (i guess) is the facebook shift, i had no idea it was coming only noticed it tonight and (COINCIDENTALLY AGAIN) happened to read your blog on the same subject.
this comment may not make sense. We may need to speak aloud to figure this out.