Thursday 15 November 2007

Early Morning Yoga

I went to my third early morning yoga class today and plan to continue doing it. My yoga studio (Rama Lotus) only offers 6:30am classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They offer a 50% discount to students for any class before 4:00pm and these early morning ones count. There are three different classes offered a one hour Power class in the hot room, which is way to intense for me that early in the morning; an hour and a half meditation style yoga class with a gong and probably chanting, totally not me; and lastly the one I have been attending, a 90 minute Hatha yoga class. For the most part the class focuses on legs, I swear I spend about half an hour each time in a lunge of some sort or another. There is also ab work and some balancing. The instructor says our mantra should be "I love my abdominal muscles," currently I don't. The class is still a challenging work out and I hope to improve in the postures over time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris: So you guys want to do this yoga class with me at 6:30 on tuesdays and thursdays?

Taylor and Fristen: NO.

- darling no one loves ANYTHING that early in the morning. Especially your abdonminal muscles.

Love, T.