Monday 17 September 2007

I Can See!!

I went out Friday night with Ami, her boyfriend, her boyfriend's friend, and Wendy. Ami's childhood friend who now lives in Montreal. Of course, we girls wanted to look pretty so we got all dressed up. Contacts in, heels on, hair down and curly, make-up, the whole nine yards. I love to sip martini's and feel fabulous. We had a great time. The next morning I had to wake up fairly early to bike to a leg waxing appointment. In a clumpy mascara, chapped lipped, messy hair moment that can only happen early Saturday mornings when you are hung over, I biked a couple of blocks. Half way there I reached up to brush at my eye and realised something was wrong. I touched my face again and realised I wasn't wearing my glasses. I started to panic, as I need them and didn't have time to go back for them. Then I started to get scared, as I was biking on the road, my bike started to swerve widely and I wondered how I had gotten as far as I did without them. Then I looked up at a distant front yard and realised I could see fine. Nothing was blurry. Shocked at how great my sight was, I thought for a good two blocks that I was cured, or that eye doctors had been so very wrong about my needing of glasses. Happy, thrilled actually, I couldn't believe my luck. Then it hit me, I had never done it before, but in my drunken haze the night before, I had fallen asleep with my contacts still in.

No comments: