Sunday 3 June 2007

Discworld Thoughts

I'm starting to read books in the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett, starting with Interesting Times. I'm really loving it so far. I find him hilarious, the books are comedic fantasy which are often really satirical. I have read a slightly more serious novel written by him and Neil Gaiman called Good Omens which was amazing. An interesting quote from Interesting Times "it can either know what it is or where it is going, but not both" made me think about my life. I know neither!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that quote is stolen directly from Werner Heisenberg's uncertainty principle!!! look him up if you want the real deal...though i do agree it's an interesting thought when applied to life.

Christine Sweeton said...

He actually did say Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle in the book, but I thought it was probably a made up thing. Wow, no wonder I'm no longer in Eng!

Unknown said...

Dave loves this series! He has the first 6 books - if you asked he wouold probably let you borrow them so you could actually read them in order ... haha.