Monday 18 June 2007

The Bittersweet Tale of My Heart

My heart is sleeping on a silken pillow, waiting for its prince
My heart is at the base of a beanstalk, wishing for a challenge
My heart is a poisoned apple, given by a witch
My heart is an ugly duckling turning to a swan
My heart is a monster hiding in a labyrinth
My heart is a piece of gingerbread, luring the innocents
My heart is a glass slipper looking for its match
My heart is filled with sickness and sin, a box to be opened
My heart is pacing a tower, letting down its hair
My heart is spinning gold, tripping up on names
My heart is safe from danger, hidden behind the brick
My heart is a beautiful song, to lure you to the rocks
My heart is slow but steady and going to win the race
My heart is a broken piece of glass sitting in an eye
My heart is lying on the streets, lighting its last match
My heart is a dying rose in search of love
My heart is waiting for its happy ending
-C. Sweeton, 2001

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris, I have always liked this one, glad you found it and posted it.
Mum