Tuesday 8 May 2007

Le Oops

I started to send a bunch of postcards today. It took all day to find somewhere that sold stamps, though I was probably pronoucing "timbre" wrong for most of it, so maybe that is why everyone was saying "non". I finished writing them and put on the pretty purple stamps, then went searching for a post box, which are yellow here. Only after I had put them in did I learn that there are two slots in the box, one for local and one for longer distance mail. I put them in the wrong one, dang. I hope they still reach their various destinations, though they most likely will be very late, probably arriving after I get home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so, you live and learn - ask Anna how to pronounce Timbre so you can do it better next time. Gave you a reason to be wandering around Paris though so it can't be all bad.
Mum