Saturday 26 May 2007

Birthday Reflelections

I have done some thinking and hands down this year was my best birthday since moving to Ottawa. I woke up and had a lovely bath, then Ami whisked me away for a birthday surprise, which turned out to be kayaking on the canal, something I have always wanted to to. I got a great arm workout and saw baby ducks and geese. I had some time by myself to get some school and house work done as well as time socializing. I didn't have to work, which was great. 26 people wished me a Happy Birthday on Facebook (which alerts you as to when peoples birthdays are coming up.) Throughout the day I got so many calls and e-mails from friends and family. Kristen even called from Oakville. Teri called me a few times, and on the last one told me that one of our favorite shows, "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip," was starting again, on my birthday night, after a 5 month hiatus. Today at work, I showed up to another surprise, My Cool Boss had got me a chocolate fudge birthday cake. What a great birthday!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! So since I left for school I have been suffering through dial-up internet and haven't been as faithful to facebook, your blog and email lately. Anyways, what I am really saying is that I didn't get the facebook reminder and so I am wishing you a heart-felt (late) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

It wasn't the best episode though...but still good :)

Teri

Anonymous said...

hey, so of those birthday greetings did you get mine? I just got home from spain to discover that what i thought was a confirmation that you had got it was actually just a confirmation it had been sent. If you didn't get it i'm really sorry, i did send one. Happy belated birthday.