Thursday 22 February 2007

Friends With A Star

She is tall and lean and goes out in tight dark jeans. I got to spend last night with an long time family friend, James. James (along with Jeska) inspired my parents to have me. Only a year older than me, she was a sweet baby that made my parents want one of their own. We have been close friends since birth but hanging out with her still feels like spending time with a celebrity. She is all over the board, she is such a multifaceted person, a bright sparkling diamond. Lives in Toronto and loves being downtown in the big city, yet often party's in small town Ontario. We can go from talking about our love lives to what it is like to write the LSAT. James is a realist and a hopeless romantic, can explain her ideal wedding but also how much she loves being single and independent. She travels to Paris for the art and culture, comes home only to head to the south to drink for a week. An intelligent academic with long blond hair and heels. James can show a daring sense of adventure by getting her belly button pierced in Amsterdam, only to also be seriously determined with her work out routine. Loves to cuddle, likes her martini's strong and her pasta rich. She loves and owns designer fashions like Juicy Couture, Seven Jeans, and Louis Vuitton but hopes to one day work for a non-profit. James feels like a vibrant walking contradiction at times, and is the most versatile person I know. When I'm with her I have stars in my eyes and a smile in my heart.

No comments: