Monday 24 July 2006

Ok, So We Are Not Friends?

It is always a little painful to find out someone doesn't like you. I know this because it happens to me alot, I'm trying to mature, get used to it, and realize that not everyone will like everyone. What hurts much more though, is finding out someone doesn't like you who has been acting like they do for some time. People who don't like each other often have to deal with each other: work, committees, clubs, mutual friends, roommates, school, family etc. I don't think that people should be mean or rude when having to interact in different situations, obviously politeness and respect is extremely important. But, don't ACT like my friend if you AREN'T my friend. It is extremely two-faced and dishonest to go out of your way to talk to me, invite me places, there have even been people who hug me, while hating me. I don't care if people talk about me behind my back, we all do it, good or bad, friends or not, as long as it is relatively consistent to how I think you view me but don't give one impression to me, and another to others. If you are friendly with me and I like you, I'm going to assume we are, or have the chance of being friends. If someone appears to be friendly with me, I'm going to let my guard down to some degree, and there is nothing harder then doing that and finding out that the friendly person actually dislikes or even hates me. The number of times this happens to me is really starting to add up (at least 3 this summer alone). The number of people who don't get along with me is quite high, at least I know about most of them, or the verdict is still out, but I had better not "FIND OUT" that someone who has been all buddy-buddy with me is to be added to the list, cause I'm starting to get pissed off!!
IF YOU LIKE ME - BE MY FRIEND
IF YOU HATE ME - DON'T PRETEND TO BE MY FRIEND
Simple.

4 comments:

Mad Red Carnelian said...

Well I like you Chris.
a sad realization I'm coming to is that most people just suck :(
I think most people forget that even strong people need to be reminded that you love them or it makes us sad on the inside.. *sigh* wouldn't it be nicer if when you liked someone, they had to like you back? a Seperate Peace? Finnias??
*hands you a buttercup*
~Daniel
p.s. Oh.. I do hope I'm not someone you sercretly hate.. my that would be awkward.. then I'd need a consolitory e-mail from someone I secretly hated.. oh the vicious cycle.. :(

Christine Sweeton said...

I don't secretly hate anyone, I OPENLY dislike people, it is easier. If I call you, talk to you, ask you to hangout, etc. then I like you. I just kinda ignore polietly those I don't like

Mad Red Carnelian said...

then how come you haven't even read my blog? :P
or is that polite ignorance?

Anonymous said...

I think you're great and I also know a whole bunch of people that think so too! It's hard, but don't let these people get you down. If you let them get to you, they're winning.

These people are really insecure, and have issues of their own that they don't know how to deal with. The only way they can make themselves feel better is by treating other people horribly because they themselves don't feel good.

Keep being yourself! Your an awesome person... :)